Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Busyness and Worship

Well, I have returned from a quick weekend retreat to the North Carolina mountains. The cool mountain air has me yearning for fall and football, but the 110 degree heat index back here at home is a suffocating reminder that I have several more weeks to wait.

My days have been marked by busyness since coming back from NC, and it seems busyness also tends to so often describe my Sundays. Over at reformation21 blog there have been a couple of posts on worship, here and here. Controversial topics include not staying up late on Saturday night before Sunday morning worship (gasp!) and "be still as you enter the room and focus your mind's attention and heart's affection on God". As you read these articles I have a question or two for you to think about. Is corporate worship primarily concerned with how you feel, or how God feels? Is worship about what you want, or what God wants?... or have I created false dichotomies?

Unworthy of His Love,
Russ

No comments:

Blog Archive